Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Simple 'Graphic' Work



Most of the projects that come to my table are all from producers who just asked me to do a number of characters and production designs for a presentation teaser.

In one case, I did a number of characters and environments for a teaser. But after this stage, the production goes along in a very limited budget which missed art direction and goes straight to animation and background painting. So, when I see the finished product, it’s quite disappointing not to get what I see in my visualization.


In another case, I was asked to do a short animated campaign material with a very small funding… and gave me the freedom to execute! Here, I just did both the characters and environment in ‘graphic’ look and did the animation in flash. I also have the freedom to play on the layout and settled on a half frame composition. So, I got half of the screen with space and half of the screen with subject. With a good story flow, a simple ‘graphic’ works… in a small budget.